RecoverBot gets your data back.
Developed by a world-class data recovery lab Gillware, RecoverBot was designed from the ground up to safely and securely recover your lost files.
Blue screen of death
Windows® won't boot
What does an unlock code cost?
After you have reviewed the files RecoverBot has found, you may purchase an unlock code to copy your lost files to a healthy drive.
RecoverBot is not OS specific, it boots from a CD so that it does not disturb the filesystem that it is recovering data from. It will however only work to recover files from common Windows filesystems such as NTFS, FAT32 and FAT16. RecoverBot will recover data from the following Windows® operating systems.
Windows® Server 2003
RecoverBot will not function if you do not have the following hardware.
A drive to recover data from
RecoverBot may run on computers that do not meet these specifications but performance will be severely degraded.
CD or DVD drive
End User License Agreement
BEFORE USING RECOVERBOT, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING: The following End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between (a) you (either an individual or a single entity) and (b) Gillware Data Recovery ("Gillware") that governs your use of Gillware's software product RecoverBot ("Recoverbot"), installed on or made available by Gillware or any third party.
BY CLICKING "I AGREE", DOWNLOADING RECOVERBOT, CREATING A RECOVERBOT CD, DVD OR OTHER BOOTABLE ISO, OR OTHERWISE TAKING ANY STEP TO INSTALL OR USE RECOVERBOT, YOU (1) REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE OF THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR STATE, PROVINCE JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE AND, IF APPLICABLE, YOU ARE DULY AUTHORIZED BY YOUR EMPLOYER TO ENTER INTO THIS CONTRACT AND (2) YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS EULA. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE EULA TERMS, DO NOT USE RECOVERBOT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS EULA AND YOU HAVE NOT USED RECOVERBOT, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO EXCHANGE YOUR UNUSED PRODUCT WITHIN 30 DAYS FOR A FULL REFUND SUBJECT TO THE REFUND POLICY OF YOUR PLACE OF PURCHASE.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE.
RECOVERBOT includes two types of computer software (1) software that is owned by GILLWARE (and may include associated media, printed materials and "online" or electronic documentation) (collectively the "Software Product") and (2) other software provided by third parties and used with the RECOVERBOT Product ("Third Party Software"). GILLWARE grants you the following non-exclusive rights provided you agree to and comply with all terms and conditions of this EULA:
a.) Use. You may use RECOVERBOT only on a single computer at one time ("Your Computer"). You may not separate component parts of RECOVERBOT. You do not have the right to distribute RECOVERBOT. You may load the Software Product into Your Computer's temporary memory (RAM) for purposes of using RECOVERBOT. You agree to only use the Software Product as expressly permitted herein.
b.) Storage. RECOVERBOT may not be uploaded onto other media and computers .
c.) Reservation of Rights. RECOVERBOT is licensed, not sold, to you by GILLWARE. GILLWARE and its suppliers own all right, title and interest in and to the Software Product and reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in this EULA. You agree to refrain from any action that would diminish such rights or would call them into question.
d.) Third Party Software. Notwithstanding the terms and conditions of this EULA, all or any portion of the Software Product which constitutes Third Party Software, is licensed to you subject to the terms and conditions of the software license agreement accompanying such Third Party Software whether in the form of a discrete agreement, shrink wrap license or electronic license terms accepted at time of download. Use of the Third Party Software by you shall be governed entirely by the terms and conditions of such license.
To use a Software Product identified by GILLWARE as an upgrade, you must first be licensed for the original Software Product identified by GILLWARE as eligible for the upgrade. After upgrading, you may no longer use the original Software Product that formed the basis for your upgrade eligibility and the upgraded software shall be deemed the "Software Product".
3. ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE.
This EULA applies to updates or supplements to the original Software Product provided by GILLWARE unless GILLWARE provides other terms along with the update or supplement. In case of a conflict between such terms, the other terms will prevail.
a.) Third Party. The Software Product may only be transferred to another end user as part of a transfer of RECOVERBOT on which it is installed. Any transfer must include all component parts, media, printed materials and this EULA. Prior to the transfer, the end user receiving the transferred product must agree to all the EULA terms. Upon transfer of RECOVERBOT, your license is automatically terminated and you are no longer permitted to use the Software Product.
b.) Restrictions. You may not rent, lease or lend the Software Product or use the Software Product for commercial timesharing or bureau use. You may not sublicense, assign or transfer the license or Software Product except as expressly provided in this EULA.
5. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
All intellectual property rights in the Software Product and user documentation are owned by GILLWARE or its suppliers and are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright, trade secret, and trademark law, as well as other applicable laws and international treaty provisions. The structure, organization and code of the Software Product are the valuable trade secrets and confidential information of GILLWARE and GILLWARE's suppliers. You shall not remove any product identification, copyright notices or proprietary restrictions from GILLWARE's Product.
6. LIMITATION ON REVERSE ENGINEERING.
Except to the extent that such restriction is not permitted under applicable law, you are not permitted (and you agree not to) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works of or modify the Software Product. Nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring any right, license or title to you other than those explicitly granted under this EULA. GILLWARE reserves all rights in its intellectual property rights not expressly agreed to herein. Unauthorized copying of the Software Product or failure to comply with the restrictions in this EULA (or other breach of the license herein) will result in automatic termination of this Agreement and you agree that it will constitute immediate, irreparable harm to GILLWARE for which monetary damages would be an inadequate remedy, and that injunctive relief will be an appropriate remedy for such breach.
This EULA is effective unless terminated or rejected. This EULA will also terminate immediately and without additional notice in the event you breach this EULA and/or fail to comply with any term or condition of this EULA.
8. CONSENT TO USE OF DATA. You agree that GILLWARE and its affiliates or suppliers may collect and use technical information you provide in relation to support services related to the Software Product. GILLWARE and its suppliers agree not to use this information in a form that personally identifies you except to the extent necessary to provide such services.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
9.1 You acknowledge that RECOVERBOT is for attempting to transfer some data from some types of troubled hard drives to a newly formatted external hard drive; it has no ability to correct problems on a troubled hard drive or computer. YOU AGREE THAT THE USE OF RECOVERBOT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT. Use of RECOVERBOT may adversely affect the operation of other software and devices. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, the Software Product is offered on an "AS-IS" basis and GILLWARE does NOT warrant that the functions contained in the Software Product will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Software Product will be uninterrupted or error free or that such errors will be corrected. Computer software is inherently subject to bugs and potential incompatibility with other computer software and hardware. You should not use the Software Product for any applications in which failure could cause any significant damage or injury to persons or tangible or intangible property.
9.2 TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GILLWARE AND ITS SUPPLIERS PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT AND THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE "AS IS" AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, DUTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND OF LACK OF VIRUSES ALL WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT ANDTHIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY GILLWARE OR A GILLWARE AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. Some states/jurisdictions do not allow exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on the duration of implied warranties, so the above disclaimer may not apply to you in its entirety. To the extent applicable law requires GILLWARE to provide warranties, you agree that the scope and duration of such warranty shall be to the minimum extent permitted under such applicable law.
9.3 IN NO EVENT DOES GILLWARE PROVIDE ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD PARTY HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE WITH WHICH RECOVERBOT IS DESIGNED TO BE USED, AND GILLWARE DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ANY FAILURES THEREOF.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur, the entire liability of GILLWARE and any of GILLWARE's suppliers under any provision of this EULA and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to the greater of the amount actually paid by you for the RECOVERBOT Product or US$100.00. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL RECOVERBOT OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, FOR LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, FOR LOSS OF PRIVACY ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE RECOVERBOT, SOFTWARE PRODUCT, THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE AND/OR THIRD PARTY HARDWARE USED WITH RECOVERBOT, OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA), EVEN IF RECOVERBOT OR ANY SUPPLIER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND EVEN IF THE REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. Some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
11. U.S. GOVERNMENT CUSTOMERS. The RECOVERBOT Product and Software Product are "Commercial Items" as that term is defined in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 or 48 C.F.R. 227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 or 48 C.F.R. 227.7202, as applicable, Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are licensed to the U.S. Government users (i) only as Commercial Items and (2) only with those rights granted to other users under this EULA. Unpublished rights are reserved under the copyrights of the United States.
12. COMPLIANCE WITH EXPORT LAWS. You shall comply with all laws and regulations of the United States and other countries ("Export Laws") to ensure that the Software Product is not (1) exported, directly or indirectly, in violation of Export Laws, or (2) used for any purpose prohibited by Export Laws, including, without limitation, nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons proliferation. You further agree that you will not use the RECOVERBOT for any purpose prohibited under applicable law.
13. CAPACITY AND AUTHORITY TO CONTRACT. You represent that you are of the legal age of majority in your state, province jurisdiction of residence and, if applicable, you are duly authorized by your employer to enter into this contract.
14. APPLICABLE LAW. This EULA is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario exclusive of conflict of law provisions and you attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of the province of Ontario with respect to any proceedings arising from this EULA. The parties hereby agree that this Agreement is not governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
15. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This EULA (including any addendum or amendment to this EULA which is included with the RECOVERBOT Product) is the entire agreement between you and RECOVERBOT relating to the Software Product and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals and representations with respect to the Software Product or any other subject matter covered by this EULA. To the extent the terms of any RECOVERBOT policies or programs for support services conflict with the terms of this EULA, the terms of this EULA shall control. In the event of a conflict between the English and any non-English versions of this EULA, the English version shall govern. If any provision of this EULA is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, such provision will be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent allowed by law and the remaining provision of the EULA will remain in force and effect.
©2012 Gillware, Inc. The only warranties for GILLWARE Products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. GILLWARE shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or serving you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is necessary to comply with the law. Visitor information is not provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other related uses.